Freight connects trade flows.
Moving freight on a global scale has many logistical challenges. It’s important to use a trusted company who can ensure that your freight movements are seamless. 1WEC provides tailored freight forwarding solutions to suit your business needs. In addition, we can also handle all of your end-to-end logistics requirements. Our experienced professionals are open and innovative. We identify new opportunities to improve your freighting and facilitate a smooth and stress-free transportation process.
- The integrated service offering consists of freight forwarding, customs brokerage and related logistics solutions. The company is represented in all major trading centres across 7 continents through partners. This is further enhanced by the supplier network and facilities present throughout the world.
- 1WEC offers its customers total operational and management control over their shipments through worldwide clearing and forwarding, import, export and project cargo services, by sea, air or over land.
- Our integrated information system provides our customers with complete shipment visibility from order placement to final point of delivery.
- The system also provides management information enabling customers to optimise planning and review of their overall supply chain performance.
- As a level 2 value adding BBBEE contributor 1WEC lives up to its brand values of being a solid and committed company.
- 1WEC has a concrete national and global infrastructure built over the years of working with only the best in the transportation and logistics businesses, focusing on door-to-door logistics service. We pick cargoes from starting point and deliver throughout the region. We also cater to locations considered as beyond points.
- In addition, we offer a comprehensive approach to international freight forwarding, providing you with complete package of ocean and air services to meet the most demanding requirements for on-time performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness.1WEC is your single source provider for services related to moving goods around the globe.
- We reserve the right to determine the mode of transportation for specific transit times.
- International freight forwarding, both import and export.
- Airfreight and sea freight, including LCL, FCL and FCX cargo (full, less than full and multiple consignments).
- Land (TL/LTL) and rail freight.
- All container types including GPs, Reefers, RO/RO and Break Bulk cargo.
- Direct and deferred air/sea options.
- Cross trade/triangular shipments.
- Specialised cargo, including the expert handling of dangerous goods, refrigerated cargo and firearms.
- Garment On Hanger (GOH) shipping.
- Express door-to-door courier service.
- Export project management.
- 1WEC Logistics arranges shipping and freight services for 1WEC’s commodity trading teams and for third-party clients.
- It operates as a service-provider, securing competitive and reliable freight for in-house energy, metals and agro traders.
- The Wet and Dry Freight desks also function as profit centres in their own right.
- We fix vessels on spot voyage, buy/sell contracts of affreightment (COAs) and take ships on time charter from 30 days to five years anywhere in the world.
- Our vessel screening policy ensures safety and reliability of freight services.
- We buy and sell freight in physical markets to optimise chartering efficiency.
- We with our partners operate a fleet of 45-65 wet and 50 – 55 dry vessels at any one time providing freight services to third-party customers.
- 1WEC is a major participant in the transportation of Energy, Agro and Metal Commodities.
- The team has extensive experience in finding cost effective freight solutions for a wide range of commodity flows.
- Physical freight requirements are usually met by chartered vessels while risk is primarily managed through swaps and options.
- Our freight team supports 1WEC’s dry bulk trading activities worldwide.
We act as NVOCC to contract ocean freight cargo and shipping lines in order to move shipments from one point to another.
- Cartage is our transportation of cargo to and from a CFS via truck within a local area.
- If the destination is not local, an LTL trucker will deliver the shipment to its final destination.
- Our service of Drayage=final mile/port to door for ocean freight shipments.
- Most often refers to the transport of an entire ocean container on a chassis.